HELP - Epson Printer problems - Printer Stopped

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3 MacBook Air 1.7 i5 - also, Mac Mini and dead 12in iBook G4 (RIP)
Have spent this morning frutilessly trying to persuade both my G4 iBook and Mini to print to my Epson Stylus C84.

They have seperately been printed to it via USB cable.

The printer previously worked fine with both an XP laptop and an ME desktop.

With the iBook, Apple found Gimp drivers (it said) for the printer (which shows it's at least been recognised...)

But trying to print simply puts documents in the queue... dialog box says "printer stopped"...

Used the Epson CD to install OSX drivers etc but to no avail...

Thinking I'd done something stupid, I moved to the Mini... installed Epson files first, then allowed Mini to find printer (still on a USB cable)

All seemed fine, until I tried to print... "Printer Stopped"!

Trying to click Start Printing gives me a stripey progress bar, then the same message... the printer has yet to produce so much as a single sheet of paper...

HELP !!! it's WAY too hot snd sunny to spend the rest of the day inside messing about with this...

After I get the thing to print I am going to try installing a Belkin wireless printer server.... which does not seem to do Mac support... maybe I'll give up now!

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3 MacBook Air 1.7 i5 - also, Mac Mini and dead 12in iBook G4 (RIP)
Hmmmm....

oddly, having deleted all the printers on the Mini, I managed somehow (can't remember how - bummer) to install the printer again with a gimp-drive printer driver... it printed !!!

Have to try and do the same for the iBook now before I set to with the wireless printer driver

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.