monitor configuration problem!

Reaction score
Hi,

I bought one LG flatron e2350V, and i'm trying to connect it to my macbook pro, it's connect through minidisplay port - dvi.

When in system preferences if i choose use monitor it appears with great resolution, beautiful image. But if i choose "use identical image for both monitors" the resolution on the LG turns crap.

What should i do to have identical image (so i can have my macbookpro with lid closed) but have at the same time an awesome resolution?

Thanks!

Reaction score
You need to find a solution that supports both a laptop and external display (then the picture will be the highest quality), or you can configure a laptop as a secondary display and for external monitor set the maximum resolution (possibly worsening the image on the laptop).

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Not sure I understand what you mean by "use identical image...." When you attach the LG and it's detected correctly by your MBP, you should be given a set of resolutions to choose from. Always choose the native resolution of your external monitor. According to specs, it's 1920 x 1080. Choose that resolution and then set the display option of your MBP to "Mirror". Let us know if that works for you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.