iPod Touch app to control new Apple TV?

Reaction score
I saw some mention of an app for iPad to control the new Apple TV so if that is true, surely there will be one too for iPhone and iPod Touch since they are handier for the purpose. It might be the decision-maker for me, whether there is such an app -- if I am to buy an Apple TV and get rid of Roku. I do not want another remote to further clutter the living room. In fact, I want an app to handle DirecTV too, for that reason -- though I never watch anything from that overpriced source. (My wife uses it for the local sports team, that is all).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
The same app will control the new AppleTV. The same app has always worked on the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. There are other remote products you can get to control everything.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I've been using Apple's "Remote" App for some time. Works with my ATV and my iTunes Library on my desktop.

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks.. I see that now

Yes, I have used the Remote app for iTunes playing in the stereo room and now I see by studying it that it can address Apple TV too. Good

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
There will be an upate to the Remote app once the new Apple TV comes out. The new features and updates will include actual navigation by gestures. It's going to be good stuff.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
There will be an upate to the Remote app once the new Apple TV comes out. The new features and updates will include actual navigation by gestures. It's going to be good stuff.

And you know this how....?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->

You can use gestures now with the current app.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
Remote app has been updated today. Adds new Apple TV support and is now Universal with iPad.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.