i7 vs Dual-quad core xeon's(8 cores)

Reaction score
I will be in the market for a new mac after wow starts to require intel based cpu's and my question is this: Is a 27.5" iMac with a core i7 better than a used mac pro dual quad core 2.8ghz? I can get them relatively about the same price (imac new, mac pro used.) The mac pro will be about the same as the imac once i upgrade the video card. But as far as performance wise, which is better? I will be running osx, windows, and linux (hopefully all 3 at the same time) and doing alittle video editing and much software development and graphics work from with in all three OS's. Just to confirm, i can have a second monitor on the imac correct?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
OP
S
Reaction score
It would be the 2008 xeon 5400's, i think the harper cpu's. Which are getting a run for its money by the i7. Which would mean its almost better to buy the i7 imac than the used mac pro. But, question is how well is the graphics on the imac? Do they perform well? or are they a bottleneck for the i7 in games? Is it possible to connect 1 or 2 monitors up to the imac?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.