Battery life issues with iphone 4

Reaction score
I just recently got my new iphone 4 and have noticed that the battery drains very fast. It seems to last about 8 to 9 hours before it turns red and says battery low. Has anyone eles had this problem. In my understanding the battery in the new iphone is supposed to last way longer than that.

OP
C
Reaction score
battery

I put on the charger last night and took it off at 7:30 this morning, It is now 10:30am , 3 hours later and it is 84 percent. I have not let it drain all the way out yet and then recharge it again which I have read might fix it. I have not really used it much in the 3 hours though. I checked my email, sent 3 or 4 text, and been on safari for about 15min. I had my screen resolution all the way up but turned it down to 50percent and turned off wifi and push notifications. Just wondering if anyone has any other suggestions

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
16% used in 3hours (does a few calcs). At that rate it'll be out of juice in just under 19 hours, which seems OK to me.

A few observations from my iPhone 4 use:
- it seems to rattle down to 90% quite quickly then seems to slow - this could just be my perception.
- the battery didn't get into it's stride until it had been used and recharged a few times.
- I can go the full day easy now and I'm a pretty heavy user.
- I've never noticed Push Notifs impacting battery life
- I have wifi on but don't have it actively seek new networks.

One thing that may help is turning the percentage indicator off. When you can see each percent fall away you find that you focus on the number decreasing and become a little fixated by it.

I'd turn that indicator off, put the other stuff back on and just use the phone as you normally would. Charge it overnight or in the evening, what ever suits and just see how it goes after a week.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB061LL/B & iPhone4
like mrplow i get decent battery life, a lot better than on the 3G and 3GS... and i also did not turn on the batt %... too much fixated on that will drive ya nuts :}

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
like mrplow i get decent battery life, a lot better than on the 3G and 3GS... and i also did not turn on the batt %... too much fixated on that will drive ya nuts :}

I'm actually starting to think that's true. I never fixated about this on my 3G but on my iP4 it bugs me. Maybe I need to turn that off.

Oh yeah, MUCH better battery life than the 3G...!

Reaction score
I put on the charger last night and took it off at 7:30 this morning, It is now 10:30am , 3 hours later and it is 84 percent. I have not let it drain all the way out yet and then recharge it again which I have read might fix it. I have not really used it much in the 3 hours though. I checked my email, sent 3 or 4 text, and been on safari for about 15min. I had my screen resolution all the way up but turned it down to 50percent and turned off wifi and push notifications. Just wondering if anyone has any other suggestions

NEVER charge anything overnight, specially an iphone. it takes maybe an hour for an iphone to go from 20% to 100%. leaving it overnight for that long will cause your battery to lose its overall life and there for you are experiencing that battery issue. example: if you ever go to a retail store and take a phone or laptop or anything that they demo off the charger it will literally last about 30 min. just try and charge your phone before you go to bed or wait till the morning. should be easy with an iphone 4 or any iphone since they all charge pretty quickly

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.