Calendar on iPad

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.66 GHz 20", iPad Mini2 32GB, iPhone6 64GB, Watch Sport 42mm Black, iPad Air 2 128GB
For some reason my iPad Calendar does not seem to be updating.

It is set to do so in Settings, automatically. MobileMe is receiving the updates from iCal on the iMac, but they don't seem to be reaching the iPad.

Any ideas please? As far as I can see everything is set to sync. I make an entry in iCal on the Mac, sync this manually to MobileMe and when I check in MobileMe the update has reached there. Calendars are not set to sync through iTunes so that is not messing things up.

Several days later, the entry has not reached the iPad.

Not certain, but I think changes on the iPad do reach the Mac - just not vice versa. Why not? :(

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.66 GHz 20", iPad Mini2 32GB, iPhone6 64GB, Watch Sport 42mm Black, iPad Air 2 128GB
For some reason it has finally updated. No idea why.

Related question - Is it possible to get CalDav Calendars to appear in the iPad Calendar application?

Reaction score
I was having the same problem but with a trial of mobileme. Tried turning off the calendars and then back on to force sync and that seemed to work but only sometimes, and to be honest, got a bit tedious.

As the calendars are the most important feature to me I couldn't live with this problem so ditched mobileme and use google calendars which seem to sync almost instantly across ipad / iphone / mac / web interface. I use caldev for this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
This is the general idea of how to use CalDAV:

CalDAV Calendar Sync : CalDAV - Google Mobile Help

And BTW, did you opt-in to the MobileMe Calendar beta? If you did, you need to be sure to follow the instructions for setting it up on the iPad or it won't update correctly.

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
This is the general idea of how to use CalDAV:

CalDAV Calendar Sync : CalDAV - Google Mobile Help

And BTW, did you opt-in to the MobileMe Calendar beta? If you did, you need to be sure to follow the instructions for setting it up on the iPad or it won't update correctly.

I did go for the MobileMe Calendar Beta. I think the iPad and Mac were already setup. Does this mean something about the Beta needs changing - or at least something on the iPad after opting in to the Beta? :\

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I did go for the MobileMe Calendar Beta. I think the iPad and Mac were already setup. Does this mean something about the Beta needs changing - or at least something on the iPad after opting in to the Beta? :\

Yes, there's instructions for updating the iPad to work correctly with the beta. The iPad doesn't natively support CalDAV via MobileMe until iOS 4.2 so until then, you have to fake it out.

That's why your iPad calendar isn't working right.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.