New MBP 15" i7

Reaction score
Just placed the order a couple days ago. Its the 15" i7 model. Only upgrade was the HD/Anti-Glare display. It is currently on its way here from Shanghai as we speak.

I already have a Core 2 Duo Macbook, a Core Duo Mac Mini and a bunch of iPhones and iPods.. Im am more excited about this **** MBP than I have been about any other computer I have ever purchased!

One question though, is there any third party out there that will insure this thing for theft or damage? Kinda like the iphone insurance I just picked up from state farm.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs, 1 MBP, 1 UMB, 1 mini
I looked into this for mine and never pulled the trigger on it. Worth Ave. Group was the highest rated one that I found.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
Check into your homeowners or renters insurance. You can usually placed high valued items under protection without having to pay yet another bill.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
One question though, is there any third party out there that will insure this thing for theft or damage? Kinda like the iphone insurance I just picked up from state farm.

Ivan's suggestion is a good one. The only thing I might add is that some home owner's and renter's policies have a deductible. Usually with those types of policies you can separately schedule items for zero deductible for a slight increase in premium.

Also take a look at Safeware insurance. They specialize in insuring notebook computers and cover damage, theft, etc.

OP
S
Reaction score
Just called my State Farm rep that insured my iPhones 3GS and 4. Total cost of insurance per year is $33 and it covers the total purchase price of the MBP.

Good stuff.. I guess Ill call State Farm in 7 days when I get my new book in.. God.. 7 DAYS!!! This is just as bad as the stupid 10 day waiting period we have for firearms here in cali!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.