iPhone 4 - Couple of questions

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro (2009)
Hi,

I have an 8gb 3g iPhone atm and im considering upgrading to the iPhone 4 and I just wanted to ask a couple of questions.

My 3g is SLOW .... really slow, sometimes it can take 5min just to open the ipod / open an email or just wake from sleeping. I use it all the time for emails / internet / games etc etc so this is really frustrating.

I've tried all sorted to speed up the phone but it only helps for a few hrs. So will I see a massive difference using the iPhone 4 ?? I had a look at some You tube vids and it looks really fast.

Second question is .... What's the stock availability like in the UK. Will I be able to get one from Apple or O2 shops the same day ?? It says 3 weeks waiting time on the Apple website.

Cheers J

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iM ac,13.3" Aluminium Unibody Macbook, iPhone 4
Yeah, they are really really fast :) I upgraded from a 32GB 3Gs and love it.

There's a two week wait at my local apple store, but I got mine from Phones4u, got it the same day they had fair few in stock. Most places are getting daily deliveries so its cool :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB061LL/B & iPhone4
oh man are you gonna dig the 4 after using a 3g... was messing with my wife's 3g last night, after i was done i took my 4 and WOW.. felt all warm & fuzzy inside from happiness :}

go.. for.. it..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Unibody Macbook Pro, Iphone 4 16G
I was in a similar situation, I had a 3G that was slower than I'd ever think that an Iphone would be, especially after the 4.0 update. I went ahead and ordered mine from apple with the 3 week wait. It took about 2 1/2 weeks.

I also sold my 3G on ebay for $150 with a broken lock button and a broken vibrate/ring switch. 3G's in good condition (a few weeks ago) were selling for around $200-$225, so just enough to pay for your upgrade :D

It's an incredible difference, I am still sitting in bed at night surfing the web and loving that speed, no longer do i have to wait 25 seconds for a text to open up and reply, GET IT!!!!

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
If you are running iOS 4.x on the 3G, this is a known issue that Apple is fixing with iOS 4.1 that will be available next week. The iPhone 4 is a significantly faster phone because of the processor, and iOS 4.x is really meant to use it's capabilities well..

Regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
My 3g is SLOW .... really slow, sometimes it can take 5min just to open the ipod / open an email or just wake from sleeping. I use it all the time for emails / internet / games etc etc so this is really frustrating.

I learned that a daily reset mitigated a lot of those issues, but it was annoying.

So will I see a massive difference using the iPhone 4 ??

You will see a HUGE difference. I went from the same phone you have to a 32Gb iP4 and the difference is phenominal. Like night and day.

OP
Jbob
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro (2009)
Thanks for the replies everyone. I've been really busy working so couldn't reply earlier.

Got a day off tomorrow and I've made my mind up to get one.

There's a two week wait at my local apple store, but I got mine from Phones4u, got it the same day they had fair few in stock. Most places are getting daily deliveries so its cool :)

I hope theres a few about. I live right between Leeds and Manchester so I have options :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro i5 500GB 4GB Ram
iPhone 4 is way faster than its predecessors.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
iPhone 4 is way faster than its predecessors.

So the newest phone with the latest processor (the A4 from the iPad) is faster than the older phones with older processors..thank you for that great insight..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.