Applications folder confusion

Reaction score
I accidentally deleted my 'applications' folder on my dock, I dragged it back from 'finder' but when I click, it says it's empty. Although when I click on 'applications' in the sidebar, all my apps are there.

I copied all my apps from my sidebar 'applications' into my 'applications' folder but it used up 12GB of my memory duplicating everything. I have no idea how to link the folders up again or at least be able to click on any 'applications' folder or link and see all my apps.

Can anyone shed some light on what happened and how I can fix this problem?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Where did you drag it from? You could have an Applications folder in your home directory. Make sure to drag the Applications folder from the root directory of your HD (called Macintosh HD unless you changed it).

OP
S
Reaction score
I didn't realise that I had to grab it from the Mac HD. Worked like a treat, thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.