What is this application called?

Reaction score
Hi,

I own a Macbook Pro, and I'm trying to get it to work with a wireless printer...I have a router...and in the manual it is telling me to open up this application (a picture of the icon is included in my post). I can't seem to find it, and it's driving me crazy. Could someone please tell me what it is? Thanks so much.

105pgyv.jpg

^ That's the icon. What is it called?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
It is a network uility icon which don't think has been used since system OS X.4 or even OS X.3. Go into System Preferences > Network > and under Network Name select Create a New Network and proceed from there.

If you need additional instructions go to the printer manufacturer's web site as it seems the instructions are pretty dated. I use an Epson Stylus TX550W and Snow Leopard drivers and instructions appear on the Epson web site for example.

OP
D
Reaction score
Hi,

I own a Macbook Pro, and I'm trying to get it to work with a wireless printer...I have a router...and in the manual it is telling me to open up this application (a picture of the icon is included in my post). I can't seem to find it, and it's driving me crazy. Could someone please tell me what it is? Thanks so much.

105pgyv.jpg

^ That's the icon. What is it called?

Wait...that is the Internet Connect icon? They got rid of it in Leopard...gah, this is so confusing...I just can't get this darn printer to work! :(

OP
D
Reaction score
It is a network uility icon which don't think has been used since system OS X.4 or even OS X.3. Go into System Preferences > Network > and under Network Name select Create a New Network and proceed from there.

If you need additional instructions go to the printer manufacturer's web site as it seems the instructions are pretty dated. I use an Epson Stylus TX550W and Snow Leopard drivers and instructions appear on the Epson web site for example.

Thank you so much, I will give it a shot!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Keep us posted on your progress. Supply details of your OS and printer if more help needed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.