Thinking About Buying Used - Suggestions?

Reaction score
Alright, I’m completely aware of the fact that “inexpensive” is somewhat of an obsolete term in Apple’s industry, but I’m in somewhat of a pickle. I need a personal computer, I love macbooks, but I don’t want to invest in a brand new one, simply because two years from now I’m be getting a new one for and from college—that’s another story for another day. I’ve been looking around at used macbooks, but I’m somewhat suspicious—I want to get something worth the little sum of money I plan on throwing out.

I've never bought something used online, though.

Anyway, I’m just simply asking for anyone to share their experiences with a used macbook, where I can get a quality one, whether or not I can ask the distributor that I’m buying from the condition of the computer, and~ if this seems like a wise choice; should I just settle for an inexpensive PC?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Buying anything used involves some risk. Buying a used computer from on line even more so because you won't know the condition of the machine until you begin to use it. And it's always a pain trying to return an item purchased from on line.

Buying used from someone in person (say from Craig's List) could be OK in that you would have a chance to try it and could see what condition it's in.

The best would be to buy a refurbished machine direct from Apple. However, that may be beyond your budget.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.