A few Iphone 4 questions/Issues

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Unibody Macbook Pro, Iphone 4 16G
So I've got a few questions regarding a few things about the iphone 4, I just got mine in the mail yesterday.

My battery life seems terrible, I did the initial charge yesterday when I got the phone then used it for a few hours after it was activated, then stuck it on the charger again last night. I've been using it off and on today, really not that often though, maybe 20 minutes of Wifi, 20 minutes of calling, and 30 minutes of "app updates", probably 30 text messages. It has been off the charger for about 6 hours and it is at 63%. Maybe a couple of charging cycles will fix the issue but idk? I also read somewhere that updating your iphone 4 to the previous 3G account on itunes (which i did) could also be the culprit and that restoring the phone and making a whole new account will fix the issue.

Next question is when are they going to come out with an update to fix this proximity sensor? I've hung up on about 3 of the 20 calls I've made so far, put a few on speaker phone.

Thanks for your help in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I didn't set my iPhone 4 up with my backed up 3G phones info, I set it up as a new phone. My battery life has been significantly better than my 3G was. Might want to do restore it and set it up as a new phone.

Havent run across the sensor issue yet but I havent made many phone calls in the last week either.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Any other ideas? I am at 35% right now, about 12 hours after being unhooked from the charger, with light use.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 5,5
You will save yourself a lot of time and effort if you restore now and setup your iP4 as a new phone. It is most probably the solution to your issue. Also 4.1 is due for release soon so that could be the answer to the proximity sensor issue...

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just restored it, figured out how to sync my old contacts onto it, so I'll let everyone know if that works just in case someone else has an issue.

Does anyone know how I can get my old pictures on there? I figured out the contacts but not the pictures, they would be nice to have

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well that seemed to work, it has been off the charger for about 11 hours and I am at 73%. Anybody get any ideas on getting my pictures from my old 3g?

Reaction score
You can email them to yourself then download them onto the new phone?

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well the old Iphone is gone, so they would be somewhere on my Mac, I just don't know where

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.