Mac book pro - Will it satisfy my needs?

Reaction score
Hi all,

So, I bought the mac book pro 13" (2,4 GHz, GeForce 320M), but hasn't opened the box just yet. My concern and question is how well it will perform (this is my first mac by the way ;D) when working with external monitor and a little bit heavier programs.
For example, how well is it likely that it will perform when working in photoshop cs5 on extended monitor with a couple of other programs running in the background??
Will it be too much for it ? (i saw that it only uses the RAM-memory for graphics and don't actually have any dedicated graphic memory at all - which would be the absolute worst case scenario if it was a pc, though now its not - thank god)
..Or will it stand it just fine ?!

thankful for answers!

gnorf

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I use my MB specs on the side <------

To do my school work. Which is pretty much movie poster, and web design. If you can cram in 8 gigs I'm pretty sure it would run flawlessly.

Reaction score
I have the older model. If you not using heavy work. It will be fine. My Aperture and CS5 works just fine on 2G RAM

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.