MBP i5 battery ife

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs, 1 MBP, 1 UMB, 1 mini
I just picked up a 2.4ghz i5 last week, and I am wondering if I have a battery problem. The computer was about 2 months old (battery had 46 cycles) when I bought it. The battery showed 93% health then. I calibrated the battery which brought it up to 95%, but I still find it is lasting more in the 5-5.5 hour range. At work I use ichat and google chrome 95% of the time, so I am not taxing this CPU at all. This is the first 15" that I have owned, so I am not sure how much the screen brightness affects battery life. On my 2009 13" pro, a few ticks of the brightness meant less than an hour of change in expected battery life. On the 15", it seems there can be 2 or 3 hours difference of expected llfe, just in a 2 or 3 ticks of the brightness. As I sit here, my battery is reading 80% full - 5:37 and I am only 3 ticks up on the brightness meter with only Chrome and iChat open. To all my fellow 15 inchers, is this normal?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.