Noob!

Reaction score
hello all;
i am running os 9.2.2. on a g4 powermac gigabit/ethernet.

i can only view web pages correctly the have simple pages, limited graphics.
is this ok, i assume it is because the os is so old. the video card can handle some website graphics if they are simple so i assume the card is ok.

any ideas?

Reaction score
hello all;
i am running os 9.2.2. on a g4 powermac gigabit/ethernet.

i can only view web pages correctly the have simple pages, limited graphics.
is this ok, i assume it is because the os is so old. the video card can handle some website graphics if they are simple so i assume the card is ok.

any ideas?

Its really the web browser. The systems and software that power the internet have changed a lot over the years and the browsers under OS 9 just want handle the changes. Someone is developing a modern browser for OS9 but its a long way from really working. I run Netscape 7 the last version for OS9 sometimes you have some issues but it still works. Found out its better to turn Flash off. Also try Icab and or the last version of Opera for OS9. You have to allocate more memory to the browser and browser cache for it to work better. You could always upgrade to like 10.2 would give you better newer browsers to choose from.

OP
A
Reaction score
up graded to os 10.3.9 panther, works great. now i am wondering about a cpu upgrade, but with only 100mhz fsb would it be worh the money spent on a cpu?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.