restoring iphone w/out upgrading to latest firmware...

Reaction score
hey everyone...

i'm currently running iOS4 version 4.0 and I'm thinking of restoring my phone....can anyone verify that i can do this and KEEP the same OS version...i do not want to upgrade to the latest firmware because when I had 4.0.1 I had nothing but problems with it. I'm also jail broken and i'd like to restore the phone back with just the 4.0 version of the firmware...so i can re jailbreak and all that good stuff....=)

Thanks!

Reaction score
I too would like to know if it is possible to restore my iPhone to the 4.0.1 version or earlier. I made the mistake of upgrading to 4.0.2 only to find I can't jailbreak for a trip to Europe next week. Any ideas?

OP
S
Reaction score
anyone? no responses...come on people..I know you guys know how to do this....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
Yes it's possible,But it's not advisable. As long as your SHSH Blobs are saved in Cydia you can restore to your current firmware, But like I said before this is not something I would advise you to do, unless you REALLY know what your doing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.