Keyboard Shortcuts Home / End

M

mateo107

Hello All,

This may sound silly, but I really miss this feature (common to all PCs, but not to macs). I would like to accomplish these tasks in my OS.X (10.3.x) Mac Mini.

When in a browser or in a vertical scrolling window. Pressing <Home> on the keyboard goes to the top of the page, and pressing <End> goes to the bottom.

When in a document, or typing text, pressing <Home> goes to the beginning of the line and <End> goes to the end of that line.

This keyboard "feature" is missing from all my macs from OS X (10.1) through the current version. Are there any hacks, work arounds, or software patches that will allow me to "emulate" PC keyboard commands (such as Home/End)?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! - M -

Reaction score
what about fn [home] and fn [end]?
It goes to the end and begining of the page when browing internet, although I have seen it working only for apple applications like Safari

Reaction score
use the upper and down arrows and side to side. Is that what your looking for when typing text Try it you'll see, to much to explain how for a beginner like me. I use those a lot.

keyboard.jpg

OP
M

mateo107

thanx all,
iNap - I can use the <- and -> arrow keys, but i'd have to hit them repeatedly or press a <Option/Apple> key combo with them, to jump extra characters.

I'd like to go all the way to the beginning of the line, or the end of the line with one key push if possible (its possible on all DOS based PCs, but I haven't yet found any since my mac conversion! :))

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.