Safari Troubleshooting

Reaction score
Ok heres the lowdown. I am currently posting from my brother's laptop and that should clear up a lot of questions.
On my MacBook I have crystal clear internet and have used network diagnostics to check and it says everything is running smoothly. I can connect ot the iTunes store and iChat. However, when i attempt to open safari it acts normal then freezes and the rainbow wheel appears. Any Help or Suggestions?
Occasionaly it will connect at the pace of about 3 minutes to open home page.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
How about another browser? Same problem?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Well, if you're going to trouble shoot the reason Safari is acting the way it is, we have to see if the same thing is happening with another browser. That way we can eliminate the browser and move on to something else.

Download and install Firefox to see if the same is happening.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
In your first post you said you have "crystal clear internet". If you don't have an internet connection, we can't help. Post back when you're somewhere that has a connection and we'll try again.

OP
S
Reaction score
Yes i do but since Safari is my only browser and it is what i am having problems with I can't.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OK, borrow another machine and download Firefox. Use a flash drive to move it to your machine and install it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.