Entourage 2008 not downloading messages

Reaction score
Any IT folks here? I've just installed Entourage 2008 and attempting to download my Microsoft Exchange email. It verifies my settings as all being correct, I can see all my folders and calendar, but its not downloading any of the emails.

The only oddity to my exchange account is that if I open OWA and hover over the links for folders, calendar, etc, the path http://server/exchange/xxx is not my username where xxx is. I have several email addresses attached to my account and the xxx portion is equal to one of my other email address names i.e. [email protected]

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Same issue here with Mail and Entourage

I have the same problem as you, I am setting up a MacBook Air and I have tried using Entourage and Mail to connect to Exchange. I can authenticate but on Entourage no emails are being downloaded, and on Mail it's extremely intermittent.

I'm looking for a solution for her email for now until Outlook for Mac comes out in November. I do not want to virtualize Windows at this time (Parallels/VMware)

OP
usererror
Reaction score
I have given up.

We are upgrading from Exchange 2003 to 2010 in December, and I have read that the support is far better for Exchange 2010 than 2003. I'll wait until then. For now I'm using bootcamp and Windows 7 when I need to do real corporate work via email, calendars, etc, etc.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.