Green Goo???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP (Mid-2015), 2.8 Ghz i7, 16GB DDR3, AMD M370X Gfx, 1 TB SSD
I installed an aftermarked gfx card, the Radeon X800 XT. This card works amazingly well, and I have top-notch framerates in all my games. However, I walked away from the computer for several hours, and it went to sleep as I had told it to. Upon waking up, the screen looked normal except for a dusting of bright-green pixels in one area on the screen. These green pixels flicker but do not change color with the rest of the screen. Subsequent sleep cycles yield the same result, with always a small area of the screen behaving in this manner. Cycling the monitor (turning it off and then back on) does not fix the issue.

Restarting or shutting down the computer always fixes this problem, and its as good as new. It only happenswhen the computer sleeps, never any other time (I've thoroughly tested this.) So, for now I have my computer set to shut off the monitor after 2 hours but never go to sleep and it's been working great.

Anybody know what's causing this "green goo" on system sleep?

Power Mac G5 Dual 2.3 Ghz
2.5 GB RAM, 250 GB Hard drive
OS X 10.4 Tiger
ATI Radeon X800 XT
23" Apple Cinema HD Display

B

BEEEsH

I don't have a definite answer but, I would guess that you should:

1. Turn your computer off and just make sure everything is in nice and snug.
2. Look for the newest drivers.

Otherwise, I would think maybe theres a problem with the card?
Take my advice with a grain of salt, i'm no technician. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual G5 powermac
bent monitor pin or loose wire has my vote

id get similar with my G3 laptop, thats when youd get a weak power for a few seconds

Reaction score
Most likely it involves the memory buffer in the video card. Could be a faulty card.

ed724

Z

zap2

whe i read the title i thought ur PM was going to be dripping green goo from inside of the tower, and i was thinking , not good

OP
sevenhelmet
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP (Mid-2015), 2.8 Ghz i7, 16GB DDR3, AMD M370X Gfx, 1 TB SSD
LOL... yeah, I figured that title would get somebody's attention.

It's not a problem now... I have 2 monitors plugged in and both work great!

Thanks for all the replies :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.