MBP Ram Cas speed of any use?

Reaction score
Hello,

Im upgrading to 8gb Ram in my MBP 2010.
It uses so-dimm pc3-8500 (1066)
There are different Cas speed modules Cas 7, 8, 9. Coming from pc i know the faster the Cas speed the faster the ram access, and that hi cas speed makes a big impact.
Now i havent found any Cas speed ajustment settings in OSX so the mbp probably has default timings for the ram.

So here's the question, will it be of any use to get a faster CAS timed module?
Or will a default timing be applied and the extra Cas speed neglected,

(Since i dont think the MBP will read out the cas speed and optimize the speed accordingly, and it cant? be adjusted manualy)

Ps thanks for reading over the typo's :)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Don't concern yourself with CAS RAS as it won't make a difference anyway. Your machine is designed to give you the best response with the memory modules that are recommended. Spending more money on faster CAS RAS modules will only go to waste. Also, buy your memory from reputable resellers.

Most knowledgeable folks recommend purchasing memory from either Crucial or OWC.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.