Updating

H

hoddo

What is the best way to update my Pwoerbook's operating system without using the internet? I have had it for just over a year and its running 10.2.3 and desperatly needs upgrading.

Any tips would be helpful

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Go to the store, buy a copy of OS X 10.4 and you're set!

Alternatively ask someone to download the 10.2.8 combo updater and burn it to a CD for you.

I did that for a customer yesterday who required it for Office 2004, took around 15min on a DSL line...

OP
H

hoddo

Aptmunich said:
Go to the store, buy a copy of OS X 10.4 and you're set!

Alternatively ask someone to download the 10.2.8 combo updater and burn it to a CD for you.

I did that for a customer yesterday who required it for Office 2004, took around 15min on a DSL line...

Could you possibly do that CD for me? :dummy:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
it would be faster for you just to set it to download and leave it over night when you go to sleep if you have a dial up modem... pluss cheaper because you would have t pay for shipping if somebody did that for you.

OP
H

hoddo

how big a file is it and can i download it from a PC then transfere it to a mac?

Where do i go to make sure i get all the appropriate updates without missing any?

Reaction score
hoddo said:
how big a file is it and can i download it from a PC then transfere it to a mac?

Yes, I use to do that, download from internet to a PC, copy the files to a memory stick, copy from the memory stick to Mac OS, no problems at all

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
you can download it bit by bit also.. pause button.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.