Accessing Mac from PC

Reaction score
Hi,

I am very new to Mac. Just curios to know this: I have a single Mac MINI, which four of our friends want to access simultaneously from PC (not mac). Is it possible?

We have been doing so on PCs where we used Putty for accessing a server. This way we were able to cut hugely in terms of cost as we installed expensive softwares and hardware only on one system, (but we accessed it from many).

Thanking you in advance.

openglguy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
OP
O
Reaction score
Putty is a telnet/ssh client. Usually - you would ssh somewhere and run programs on that server. You can turn on ssh on the mac as well
SSH’ing Into Your Mac | Mac Tricks And Tips

You can also VNC to your mac as well
A VNC server is included in Mac OS X 10.4+ | Energy Aware

What programs are you trying to run? If you are trying to setup your machine as a server - you probably want to get snow leopard server.
A review of the Mac mini with Snow Leopard Server

Thanks for your answers. Well I will be doing objective C and using OpenGL. Basically I want to venture into iPad application development. So what should be the solution in this case.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.