MacBook stolen! retrieve website info?

Reaction score
I made and published a website using iWeb, hosted by mobile.me, but didn't back up the files. Now my computer's been stolen - can I get mobile.me to somehow give me my pages so I don't have to build the site from scratch?

Thank you for any help!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Apple - Support - Discussions - Mobile me and FTP and size ...

Check that URL. It says MobileMe uses WebDav instead of FTP. It also says FTP clients like Cyberduck and Transmit support WebDav.

If that is the case you can use one of the clients and grab your files. I know it works with FTP for sure anyway. Been doing that for years.

Just checked and Transmit for sure does.

C

chas_m

Having a copy of the website will be comforting, but won't actually help you.

The files that appear on the MM servers are HTML files. There's no way to import those pages back into iWeb.

You can certainly use the HTML as a *guide* to help you recreate the pages (particularly copying and pasting the text), but you'll still have to recreate them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.