Utilities folder missing in action....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Former Mac user who still hangs around and preys on the prairie graziers :)
Hello all, first of all I would like to say what an informative community you guys got going here.

To the punch, I noticed my utilities folder and some apps such as keychain, activity monitor, and boot camp are no where to be found in the contents of my computer.

So, my question is to all of you, what do i need to do to get those apps back and how did they get deleted.

May i also add, that i tried using pacifist and the the apps installation disc. However they both did not work.

Any input would be great but it looks like i may have to re image =[

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I just checked with MacTracker. Snow Leopard was pre-installed on your machine. That means you have a two disk DVD set. The apps you're looking for should be on DVD 2. Make sure you direct Pacifist to the correct DVD. It should find the apps you need to reinstall.

As far as how they got deleted.... First, are you sure they were deleted? If you can't locate them with Spotlight, then it's possible you accidentally deleted them.

OP
Bushwookie
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i just installed bundled software but nothing seems to have changed. Running a verify now. :Confused: :\

OP
Bushwookie
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rebooted after the verify and still no sign of those apps being on my ntbk

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Bundled software is software that comes with your Mac above and beyond what comes with OS X (such as iLife). Have you tried using Spotlight as suggested by chscag to see if the apps are somewhere else on your machine?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.