Is my ibook g4 too old- nets gone slow-bluetooth drops etc

Reaction score
I have an ibook G4
erm im not sure what year the model is from it the one with the airport card thats not easily accessible you have to take it all part -(but it doesnt work anyway :-s)

i have been using it at home for a few years now but now my bluetooth has started to drop connection randomly and just a slight nudge can sometimes switch it back on.

its also starting to run a little slow, esp on the net on site like youtube or iplayer its getting hard to have smooth playback.

is it time for a new shiny expensive macbook? or should i cling on to this for a while? what would i need to do to get its sped up and stuff.

i hope someone replies fast coz theres currently a sale on at apple at mo :D

though it will still cost like almost a thousand pounds :\

Reaction score
If your hard drive is full, that would explain the slowness and choppiness. If you have little in the way of RAM, that would also explain the slowness (but not the choppiness). And if you have an enormous amount of things running at the same time, you had better close them out completely.

As for your bluetooth, sounds like the transmitter is failing, like your Airport card.

C

chas_m

You are in fact OVERDUE for a new(er) model. Have a look at the refurbs for Intel MacBooks.

OP
M
Reaction score
Hey guys thanks, i was thinking about the current ibook model.

didnt think of looking at refirbs :Confused:

but will do :)

but hres ny spec.

Machine Name: iBook G4
Machine Model: PowerBook6,7
CPU Type: PowerPC G4 (1.1)
Number Of CPUs: 1
CPU Speed: 1.33 GHz
L2 Cache (per CPU): 512 KB
Memory: 768 MB
Bus Speed: 133 MHz
Boot ROM Version: 4.9.3f0

and i have 22.54Gb availble in memory.

C

chas_m

There are no current iBooks. Start getting used to the term "MacBooks." :)

PS. "Memory" ≠ storage. You have 22.54GB free space, not memory.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.