Microsoft Office 2008 won't install..

Reaction score
Hello,

so I got this macbook pro.. it came with the trial version of office..
I bought office 2008 for mac. Followed the directions on the box.. uninstalled the trial version, sent to garbage. deleted it.. proceeded to install the new version. It apparently installed successfully. It said so.. even looked for updates. WEnt to run it.. and it said not installed successfully?!
I tried again, uninstalling what I had just installed.. re-started it.. and tried to install office again. It won't even read the disk.. it eject is. ***?! why is this more complicated then Windows? please help..

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
How about some details on your hardware and version of OS X you're running?

Also, since you had a trial version of Office 2008 installed on your MBP, all you really needed to do was enter the serial number from the Office 2008 package you bought. That would have registered it. It sounds like you didn't completely uninstall the trial version. Did you use the uninstaller or just delete the files?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.