Powerbook G4 Titanium Problems ?

Reaction score
Now, i got my powerbook G4 second hand off ebay, first couple of weeks no problems what so ever. recently the screen has been randomly blacking out, and getting really hot, even too hot to touch ;S is this normal as i heard some others say that apples temperature sensors are set to come on at 60c ? im kinda new to macs, so i wouldnt know myself. it gets hot when i use it for about 20 mins. it doesnt turn off or anything, i can just about hear the fans. so could the fans be broken or even the psu?

Thanks for reading :)

Reaction score
If your computer is shutting down- and you're reporting that it's too hot to touch, that means the sensors are failing or have already failed (and could be covered in dust). Take it apart, and use canned air to clear out dust. Just remember to touch metal inside the computer when you do take it apart. One spark could ruin the entire unit.

OP
B
Reaction score
Thanks For Advice ;)

Thanks Mate, will try it tomorrow, if that doesnt work would i be able to buy new fan sensors ? or get it repaired ?
Thanks ;)

Reaction score
Thanks Mate, will try it tomorrow, if that doesnt work would i be able to buy new fan sensors ? or get it repaired ?
Thanks ;)

Apple *might* replace the logic board, but in all seriousness, if the sensors are covered in dust, a good dusting might alleviate your problems. If the problem still occurs, the logic board is toast. You'll need to find another computer (exactly like yours) and swap them out. The chances of Apple replacing it are slim.

OP
B
Reaction score
G4

I recconected the graphics card cable on the logic board and the screen hasnt turned off *yet* so i think it might of been the cable, being loose or maybe just needed reconnecting ;L i also had alook at the logic board and screws are missing !! the man who sold it to me must of changed the board becasue on the sticker by the battery it says 800mhz, airport, 512mb, and my specs on this are 667mhz, 512mb, but didnt come with an airport card ! i suppose its what you get for buying second hand macs of ebay aha ;L

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.