Windows doesn't recognize earphones/internal speakers?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro core i5 15" 10.6.8
This is probably more of a PC-related question, but all of my friends who have pcs either don't have an answer, or if they've had the problem, they've lived with it.

I have a 15" MacbookPro, ver 10.6.4, and my speakers work, as well as earphones when I plug them in to the icon with headphones. However, when I switch over to my Windows XP Home Edition ver 2002, they do not recognize the speakers or earphones.

I have tried it with other external speakers, and with headphones, and it still does not recognize them. I know this for sure because when I try to go to volume control (the control preference where you change the volume/mute/etc) it tells me it will not open the mixer because no output for sound is found. I tried to install hardware, but I don't have a disc for earphones or these speakers, obviously....:p
I really need sound on my Windows! Please help?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You haven't supplied us with any details other than you don't have sound...

Did you install XP using the Boot Camp assistant? Did you then insert your Leopard or Snow Leopard DVD after XP was installed in order to install drivers as per the BC instructions?

Reaction score
Solution

Okay, so here's what I did.
1) open windows xp
2) insert snow lepoard disc or
the burned one made in bootcamp on
OSX
3) go to my computer
4) open the cd (don't run it open it)
5) go to drivers
6) go to realtek
7) locate the install package for real tech player
for windows xp
8) After install, your computer should finally recognize
the audio drive and say new hardware. Follow step nine
if it doesn't
9) go to Cirrus
10) run cirrusAudioxp.exe
11) if your computer hasn't restarted yet, restart it now
Hope this helps!

Reaction score
Same Problem

I have the same problem, i have the disc but when i try opening it, there are no files. Also, what is realtek?

Reaction score
You tried to open the disc in windows and it shows that it contains no files? Is this correct? Also, realtek is the program files to use the internal speakers.

Reaction score
You tried to open the disc in windows and it shows that it contains no files? Is this correct? Also, realtek is the program files to use the internal speakers.

Yes, i opened the disc in Windows and there were no files in it. So, i'm kinda stuck with no sound on the Windows side even though it works perfectly fine on the Mac side. I've tried putting in my leopard disc and my tiger disc but there are no files in them.

Reaction score
Oh dear that is an issue. My disk simply opened in my commputer and showed me the files. Perhaps you could try opening the cd on the Mac side, copying the files needed, moving it then to another cd or flashdrive, and then opening it in windows. Those files are what you need. Which version of snow lepoard do you have by the way?

Reaction score
Oh dear that is an issue. My disk simply opened in my commputer and showed me the files. Perhaps you could try opening the cd on the Mac side, copying the files needed, moving it then to another cd or flashdrive, and then opening it in windows. Those files are what you need. Which version of snow lepoard do you have by the way?

I just updated it to v10.6.7
So... i'll try that out and get back to you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.