15" ok for travelling?

Reaction score
I need to buy a new laptop and I am going travelling next year. I may be doing a bit of walking around with more than just a computer in my bag...

I will be using the laptop to edit videos in final cut pro, so I'm wanting to go with the 15".

Its only half a kilo heavier and under two inches wider, but i just wanted to make sure people haven't found the 15" just too much for travelling?

:D

OP
M
Reaction score
I read the 13" vs 15" thread! I am just wondering about peoples experinces of carrying the 15" around & whether its annoying!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Core Duo 2.0GHz 1.5GB, 20" iMac C2D 2.4GHz 4GB, PowerPC G4 500MHz 512MB
If you're carrying it in a backpack, it's not a problem. For your uses screen real estate sounds like it will be very important, so any negative of having to carry a slightly larger computer would be offset by having the larger screen when you want to use it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
I wanted 17" but glad I settled for a 15" MBP. It's the perfect size for me to travel with.
If I need a bigger screen, I'll just hook up an external monitor. Most hotels I stay at on business have flat screen TV's in the rooms to use with my MBP.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
What helped me decide when I was buying a new one was to go down to the store and
pick them up and look at the screens side by side then the 15 won out.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I read the 13" vs 15" thread! I am just wondering about peoples experinces of carrying the 15" around & whether its annoying!

I think that it depends on just how much traveling & walking you're going to be doing for the next year.

1. If you're talking about traveling & walking...when you're going from an airport to a rental car (or public transit)...and then to a school or workplace, and the farthest distance you're walking at any one time is say .25 to .50 of a mile...then a 15" would be fine.

2. But if you were going to Europe...(traveling & walking)...where you're visiting lots of countries, staying at hostels, using a lot of public transit, and doing lots & lots of walking & hiking (miles & miles) with your backpack (computer inside)...then I personally would rather have a 13" Macbook...both for it's slightly lighter weight, and slightly smaller footprint.

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.