I have no network

Reaction score
hey guys, new to these forum, i'll get right down to business.

i recently installed windows vista 32 on my mac. i got vista from a friend of mine, its the one that cam with his dell.

so i partitioned my drive to 32, i have a 13' MBP mid 2009, i upgraded it to snow a few months ago, i followed the instruction on the screen down to the letter. except for the part where i have to choose where to install vista, i actually had to format the partition that i had made for it to be able to install. other than that i followed it exactly. rebooted the computer but i have no drives, i have downloaded many drives of the internet and many version of boot camp, but none of them seam to work. i would like to use my original os disks that came with the MBP but the ex-girlfriend took of with them and my idiotic roommate lost my snow disks

i'm about ready to give up. closes thing i found was some forum where i went into the device management or something and had to manually put in my network. many people said, on the forum, that it worked for them, but all i get is a error 10 message.

thanks for reading any and all help is appreciated

also it's not just he network that's messed up its like 5 things, i-sight and Ethernet networking are some other, but i figured if i can get connected to the internet the computer will just fix its self though updates and what not

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You realize that you're trying to use a Dell OEM copy of Vista which is not licensed to you? Buy a copy of Snow Leopard or call Apple and have them send you the original install disks for your MBP. Also buy a legal copy of Windows and post again if you have questions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Yes just give up and do things properly as chscag has suggested. Things do seem a little chaotic so the new SL and Windows 7 discs will solve your problems.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.