Maximize Screen

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Mac Mini
Just bought a new 12" iBook and am using a Mac for the first time. When I open Safari or other apps the window does not use the entire screen. Is there a quick way to maximize the window to use the entire screen? The green button doesn't quite get there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Just click and drag the corner of the window to fill the screen. It will save this setting so when you quit Safari, it will open at that same size the next time.
The green button is not a Maximize button, it only fits the window to the "best" dimensions for the contents of the window.

M

mangoSharingan

If you mean it doesn't use the entire screen because there's a bit to either around the dock that isn't used then, the only way you can do so is if you turn dock hiding on. I sometimes do this if I need the little bit extra space at the bottom.

T

Tel

For my 12" I turn dock hiding on and leave it on, the little extra space it provides is really worth it considering its still just as functional.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.