Opening the mini

E

Ex_PC_Puke

Just installed my 1 GB RAM stick - very easy - but contrary to how I've seen this done by like MacWorld - I found it easier to insert the putty knife at the upper portion of the I/O panel ---- pop this area free first (about a 1/4 inch gap) then work my around the edge going counter clock-wise - going back in I had to fiddle with the thin metal EMI fingers on the upper portion of the I/O panel before it just snapped together.

- Observation --- I've had my mini about 3 months - first time I've really had it off -- when I turned it over I could see some dust / lint / dog hair was gathering at the front - bottom - vents where the air gets drawn in - I may add some 1/4 inch feet to the mini to raise this up higher of may look at the mini-shack by PlasticSmith to reduce crap getting pulled inside the unit

- Next is to turn off all power saving settings and let this thing 24hrs a day for 2 days to burn in the RAM and hope for no kernel panics :p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.