GREAT Case For The iPad

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
10 GB 13" MacBook Pro, 64GB WiFi, 128GB iPhone 7
I initially bought the Apple case for my new iPad but when I tried to remove the iPad from the case, the fit was so tight I had to grip the iPad with such force, I was afraid I might crack the screen.

My dealer had the Marware "EcoFlip" case in black leather. I bought it ($55 but well worth it) and absolutely love it.

I attended a iPad workshop at the huge Apple Store in Greensboro, NC and people were ga-ga over it.

The fit is snug but there's a nice flap that goes over the top of the iPad to keep it from slipping. It has a tough elastic band that holds the folder together and keeps the back from flapping when it's open and you're using the iPad. Also, once it's open, there's a place to slip in your hand (if you hold it in your left hand) so it won't slip out of your hands. If you want to use it in landscape mode, there's a nice "easel" flap that folds out as well.

This is a very classy, very well-made iPad case. WELL worth the price. I highly recommend it. The Apple store I visited didn't have them in, but several of the Apple Geniuses said they WOULD be carrying it soon. Here's the link: Eco-Flip for iPad

C

chas_m

I like Marware a lot, and was unaware of this case. Thanks for passing this on!

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
And under $27 at Amazon

If you prefer the case to open from the side, they have the Eco-vue - same case - still under $27 at Amazon.

Reaction score
I have this case. I loved it at first, but it's been a few months now and the thing is falling apart. It loosened up just enough that the flap that holds the iPad in doesn't actually hold it in any longer. I had to move the elastic band over the front to keep the ipad in,a nd this is causing the microfiber to actually come off the part that lays around the screen. I was super disappointed as I loved it sooooooo much, the kick stand is perfect, the protection factor was great. If it held the ipad in place differently, it would be perfect. I am not at all rough with it, or don't take it in or out a lot.

GNR

Reaction score
I have one as well. Liked it a lot. But over time itis too bulky and heavy. I notice this especially when I use my wife's with the apple case. Strapping a heavy case on the iPad sort of defeats the purpose.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
I really like the DodoCase. Although it doesn't have the "handles" if you are wanting that.

Reaction score
Ihave one of these. After about three months of heavy use it is starting to fall apart. But while it lasts, it is still a great case!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs, 1 MBP, 1 UMB, 1 mini
The perfect iPad companion

Well, I sold the iPad last week.....BUT, if I hadn't, I would definitely be buying this. Appears to be thin and simple. They are accepting pre-orders. Price seems reasonable to me.

ipad-zaggmate-7.jpg

ZAGG | ZAGGmate | iPad Case | Premium Aluminum iPad Cover with Keyboard

Reaction score

The Marware looks good, I have the ZooGue it's not too thin but it's really convenient.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
There are a couple of other companies that are selling similar cases. I am definitely interested in getting one of these. It's currently on my Christmas list, so if somebody doesn't get it for me by Christmas, I'll be picking up one myself after the new year. Hopefully prices will have gone down by then.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 3.4GHz quad-core Intel Core i5 8Gb Ram 1TB Fusion HD + MBP
I had been using the Incase for my iPad but the Otterbox Defender went on sale for $49 and I grabbed it. I'm an Otterbox fan anyway. I'm really liking it so far. Otterbox is a tough case . . . I have 'em on all my phones too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Otterbox for iPad

I just got my Otterbox Defender for my iPad. I love the Otterboxes . . . have 'em for all my phones. One thing that was immediately noticeable was there is an opening at the top of the iPad, directly across from the home button that is obviously for an iSight camera. As far as I know iPad doesn't yet have an iSight camera. Wonder if Otterbox knows something we don't?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Light sensor? For what? I cover it up and it has no effect on the iPad.

Reaction score
Best iPad Case Poll

Currently I have a cheap iPad Case I got off ebay but I need to invest the money to get me a good case and stop putting it off.

So hopefully this poll will help me and other people to decide which case is the best one to get.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Note: Merged multiple duplicate threads.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Wonder what it feels like. I like the grippy texture of Apple's case. The stand quit working after about a month though. That one looks like a nice alternative without taking away from the slim line of the iPad.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.