GREAT Case For The iPad

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MB Pro, 2.66 i7 ; 11” MBA 1.8GZ i7; 13"MBA 2GZ i7 8 GB mem 512GB SSD, 2 iPad3s, 1 iPad Mini
Reaction score
iPad cases

I am seeking some advice on the best iPad case. I want something sturdy, thin, and not too hard on my hands. I would also like it to stand the iPad up a variety of ways.

Thank you for any wisdom on this subject!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Moved to the proper forum. Did not belong in Community Suggestions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM
I'm a big fan of this case. The material is a little cheap, but the case is not expensive, and it is one of the few cases that allows you to change the viewing angle when you use it as a stand.

Reaction score
had a few, hated the apple one, griffin passport was good, belkin skin was returned, otterbox commuter never arrived and is still lost in the christmas post somewhere. Finally settled on otterbox defender - love it.

Reaction score
Decent Hard Shell?

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and also a new iPad user. I got the iPad as a gift and a Griffin folio to protect it, but I've found that the fit isn't as snug as I'd like and also, it sort of covers the home button, which can be a little annoying at times.

Basically, I'm looking for a hard shell type covering that will protect the iPad from scratches and scrapes while I'm holding it. I don't use a dock or the keyboard and don't plan to, but I'd like something with easy access to the port for connection to my macbook.

I just want something that makes holding my iPad more comfortable than the folio for those long trips to school everyday.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBA. 15" MBP. iPhone 4. 3G Pad 2.
I use a black Ozaki iCoat iPad case, it also comes in White. (Synthetic but doesn't collect dirt)
Folds back in the same way as the 'Apple Case' but the case doesn't extend over the front of the iPad. It was the only case I could find at the time that didn't cover any of the iPads front face.
Another good one. http://www.cyberacoustics.com/retail/Cases-and-Covers/IC-1000BK

Reaction score
Thank you for the suggestions. I really like the one from Cyber Acoustics. It frees up the entire screen but still lets me use the stand option to watch movies and type. Gonna order asap!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch 2012 Air
I'm using a standard case that's from a place called crazy digital. It's the same as others, just a leather case with cloth stretchy straps that hold it in place. Seems to work fine enough for me but I really wish therre was a way to stand it up. Never thought I'd use the stand until I actually started using it. The inside felt is extremely good at collecting white cat hair on it's black background.

I also had a spec hard case but it added a lot of weight and bulkiness to the iPad. The dodo may be my next case if I can get over not having a stand

-sent from my ipad

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook White, 21.5" iMac, iPhone 3GS 16GB Black, 32Gb iPad, Apple TV 2nd gen
I also have the Apple case.

It's a good, secure case up until you want to remove the iPad from it - then it's extremely difficult and a little bit too secure!

I also find it collects things like dust around the edges which makes my iPad look quite dirty. The dust also builds up and gets stuck around the edge of the iPad which can't be good for it I imagine.

Looking for a new one so the poll is helpful.

Reaction score
Which iPad case is best?

Hello all. I just got my new iPad in the mail yesterday and I'm looking for a good case. I have been looking at the Dodo, Eko, Portenza, and Treegloo cases, as I like the whole notebook/Moleskine look. My question is, in your opinions, which case is the better buy, and can I use either of these cases with my silicone skin that I have on my ipad? If not, can it be used with a regular skin, like from Gelaskins or something like that? Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27"iMac OS X 10.7.5 Core i5
Just recieved my Marware C.E.O. Hybrid from Amazon (for 1/2 the price @ Apple) and It's very nice. Has a carbon fiber look and is very slim.

Reaction score
We were just given an iPad. While I really like the looks of the Zagg with the keyboard, Hubby wanted something stronger. So we ordered an Otterbox Defender. We’re liking them on our phones.

I know it’ll add weight and bulk, but we’re too concerned with dropping it and would rather play it safe. And the price on Amazon was about half of that in stores.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5", 4GB RAM, 500 GB hdd 16G wi-fi iPad
I will go along with sentiment of the other Otterbox fans. I originally bought the Apple case, but bought the Defender a few weeks later. It adds a bit of weight, but in my opinion, just adds to the solid quality feel of the ipad. It also feels like it would offer substantial protection from drops(within reason).

OP
billwill
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
10 GB 13" MacBook Pro, 64GB WiFi, 128GB iPhone 7
iPad case

Check marware.com. Their flip cases for the iPad are great and come in both vertical and horizontal models.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.