Colors, Sizes, And Fonts:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lots Of G3s. So What.
I have a suggestion. Either let people, including me, use the different colors, sizes, and fonts in their thread posts or don't even have this feature.

And now to informally introduce myself. My user name is In-Correct. I use this user name on many other websites and also I use different colors, sizes, and fonts in other message boards. I did not create an account with the username In-Correct to intentionally fight with people, and I did not use the both provided and available colors, fonts, and sizes to "Yell". All I did was offer a solution to a question and point out inaccuraces. (You can see that time I did not use the term In-Correct that time and did not use a hyphen) and then I get responses from other people that I am yelling, my colors, sizes, and fonts are bugging people and get edited, and even harassment. I keep my opinions about other members to myself and I suggest others do the same thing. When it comes to other members, I only talk about discussions and whether or not they are accurate.

If any debates happen, I do not see why debates can't happen without personal attacks, but debates are happening with personal attacks. I signed up, offered a solution to a question, get accused over and over again, try to clear things up, and I get harassed.

I do not think there is any problem with answering questions, debating, and using the colors, fonts, and sizes that your website provides. If you don't agree with having the colors, fonts, and sizes, don't offer this feature.

I also reported the problem. I am not sure handles problems, but if it is the moderators and If that moderator that posted on that thread is the only one, or if there are more moderators but they are all the same type of person, then I doubt anything will be done.

These are some suggestions, posted in the Community Suggestions And Feedback forum.
thank you and Have A Good Day.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Just for the record, this is what his post looked like and a very long post all this way. At least one long paragraph and then his next in green then in orange.

OP
In_Correct
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lots Of G3s. So What.
What is a problem with that?! I already mentioned in this thread that I used the colors, sizes, and fonts features that the Mac Forums website provides. And yes, dtravis7, that is what a combination looks like.

A long post was detailed instructions as part of an answer to another member's question. awhitmore. And that is why one of my posts was lengthy. I have recieved negative feedback about my user name and colors, sizes, and fonts. I do this on all other message boards offering these features that I am a member of and this is the first time others have had a problem with this.

I still do not see the problem, but there are other members that have responded quickly on the other thread. I bet some members have posted before I finish typing. The last person to post before me was dtravis7, giving an example of my posts.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I will let the rest of the staff judge and comment. I will just say this, a whole paragraph like that really annoys a lot of people. It's been done before and the same outcome. Also large fonts on forums is considered by most people I have ever talked with at yelling at someone.

I will let the rest of the staff comment on this.

OP
In_Correct
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lots Of G3s. So What.
Re:

I will let the rest of the staff judge and comment. I will just say this, a whole paragraph like that really annoys a lot of people. It's been done before and the same outcome. Also large fonts on forums is considered by most people I have ever talked with at yelling at someone.

I will let the rest of the staff comment on this.

I understand dtravis7's point. Can anybody see mine? I did not type in all caps, nor did I type in all bold, italics, and underline. I signed up as usual and I used colors, sizes, and fonts, like I usually do. Also, it is very

difficult for me to read the small, dull, dark grey default text. I don't know why other members use the colors, sizes, and fonts features for their posts to be better able to read!! ;D

And while this is on my mind, what are your views on use of emoticons??

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
You can always increase the font size on your browser by hitting the keys "command +" to enlarge the text size.

Adding color is just a distraction especially when it's overused. It hurts my eyes when I have to read bright colors. Grey is neutral and it doesn't hurt my eyes, especially when we have to read for extended periods of time.

If you have to use colors, bold, italic, etc use it moderation. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you always should.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
You're welcome to adjust font sizes and colors to emphasize a point. Generally, it's good 'netiquette' to at least keep it consistent and not use a huge font that makes your post distracting. As Crimson mentioned, you can always adjust your browser's zoom settings if you have difficulty with smaller fonts.

There's also nothing wrong with a spirited debate on a forum. But just as you wouldn't walk up to a crowd of strangers in person and start shouting "YOU"RE INCORRECT!", there are tactful ways to respectfully disagree with someone.

Our Community Guidelines are very clear on the expected behavior here. In fact, rule #1 reads as follows:

Play nice.
Our community is made up of all kinds of different people, and all of them have the right to feel comfortable. Others may not think the way that you think, believe what you believe, know what you know, or see what you see. Always be polite and respectful in your interactions with others.

I wouldn't characterize your initial post or subsequent posts as being in line with this guideline. With an attitude like yours to date, it's not surprising to see the reactions you've gotten. If you want to be treated with respect and politeness, try treating others that way as well.

And of course, if you're not happy with staff, the guidelines or the tone of this forum, there are many others out there. Perhaps this one isn't for you.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Also, it is very difficult for me to read the small, dull, dark grey default text. I don't know why other members use the colors, sizes, and fonts features for their posts to be better able to read!! ;D
Perhaps it is an issue for you but it is important to be cognizant of the fact that most people will not have the same problems reading the text that you might. If they did, more people would be using colours in their posts or politely requesting that others do.

You may not have gotten the reaction that you were expecting but I urge you to try and see where we are coming from. Many of your posts read in such a way that it appears that you are looking for nothing more than to argue. For instance, you responded to a thread that was more than seven months old and started by saying that everyone was wrong (see here). While I realize that the social context of an online forum is different than that of the "real world", it is still expected that you show a level of respect and courtesy as requested by the rules of the forum.

Now that I am aware of the difficulties you have with reading text on the forums, I will kindly accommodate this (as I'm sure others will). All we ask for is some courtesy and awareness in return.

OP
In_Correct
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lots Of G3s. So What.
Something else: I found that thread in a google search, if this clears anything up. And while reading the replies, I signed up immediately. I am now aware of The Reputation System, and will use this feature instead of Correcting other members on the threads.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
And what purpose would that serve? I thought you were here to correct inaccuracies publicly,

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
I am now aware of The Reputation System, and will use this feature instead of Correcting other members on the threads.
I for one would rather be corrected publicly when I make a mistake.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
The issues isn't the fact that you corrected any of us (some of us appreciate that) but more the way in which you did it. Being abrasive in your response (again, I refer to the link in my last post) is what justified the response you received.

You do not have to feel obliged to use the reputation system for any disagreement or agreement you have with someone. I'm sure you will find many examples of agreements/disagreements I've had with others on this forum and I can guarantee that I did not use the rep system in every case.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.