Macbook Freeze Problem

A

adammg

I am running a Black Macbook early 2008. I noticed recently when say watching a youtube video and another program is open especially if its flash based, I will hear stuttering out of my speakers and on my iStat menu I see CPU spikes. Sometimes end up having to shut the notebook down to get it to stop after everything seems to freeze up. I haven't ever had this problem before. Computer is seeming sluggish at times too. RAM is fine I have 4GB's and 1/4 to 1/2 is only being used during these spikes. Could this be hardware?

I look forward to any ideas and suggestions.

Thanks,
Adammg

Reaction score
Sounds like either the graphics card or the hard drive is going out. Have you updated Flash lately?

OP
A

adammg

Yeah I've update Flash, not sure how long ago, less than a month. Flash has been giving me problems every now and then. Every couple of months it seems like my Flash player just stops working and I have to reinstall it. Things will play, but won't get any sound or video.

Reaction score
Yeah I've update Flash, not sure how long ago, less than a month. Flash has been giving me problems every now and then. Every couple of months it seems like my Flash player just stops working and I have to reinstall it. Things will play, but won't get any sound or video.

It must be your graphics card.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.