Cannot view movies in Full Screen Mode

Reaction score
I have a 2008 Macbook Pro (2.4 GHZ, Intel Core 2 Duo, 4G Ram 667 Mhz DDR2 Ram). I am using Parallel for Windows and Mac OS.

When I am in Windows XP, there is no problme to use PPS Stream to watch movie in a condensed screen (small screen). It is very slow and unsmooth when I turned to Full Screen Mode.

Does anyone can give me advice ?

Do I really need to install Bootcamp to solve this problem?

I tried to increase more memory for Windows under Virtual Machine Configuration but it does not allow me to allocate more memory for Windows.

Many thanks! Looking forward to receiving your valuable advice!

Lookforward
[email protected]

Reaction score
You don't *need* to install BootCamp. You just need to set it up. In any case, if you decide to BootCamp, you'll need to consider a larger hard drive if you do more work on your Mac than you do in Windows.

OP
T
Reaction score
You don't *need* to install BootCamp. You just need to set it up. In any case, if you decide to BootCamp, you'll need to consider a larger hard drive if you do more work on your Mac than you do in Windows.

Thanks. Chris.

But how can I solve my main problem in using PPS Stream to watch movie in Full Screen mode? Any advice?

Reaction score
Thanks. Chris.

But how can I solve my main problem in using PPS Stream to watch movie in Full Screen mode? Any advice?

I wouldn't be able to tell you- I know for a fact that PPS Stream is Chinese based- is it not? Not much I can do at this point. Sorry man. :Smirk:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Do I really need to install Bootcamp to solve this problem?

Running XP naturally from a Boot Camp partition may solve the problem. Parallels and Fusion both use emulated video drivers whereas when running XP from Boot Camp, you would be using the video driver designed for your GPU. The fact that PPS is Chinese based should not matter. Streaming video is streaming video.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.