itunes through studio monitors

Reaction score
Hi,

I just got new Studio Monitors and wanted to play itunes and cd's through them, how would i go about doing this.

I have a G5 running 10.5 and mackies MR8.

Thanks.

Reaction score
You hook up an audio cable running from the output line on the back of the computer to the speaker set. It should be labeled as such- and/or color coded. Green usually is output. Red/Pink is usually input.

Which brings me to this: G5 doesn't tell us anything.

And what is Mackies MR8? Again, we don't know what that is.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Studio monitors are usually high-quality speakers, so treat them to a decent amplifier. Then, as Chris has outlined, run a stereo audio cable - but to the amp - and hook the speakers to the amp as well.

Example: I have two Technics SB-CD911 speakers running from an Aiwa KSX-V70 amplifier, connected to my eMac with a plain stereo 3.5 mm to RCA plugs. The sound from iTunes is very good, even better from VLC. Best quality comes from audio file format such as .AIFC or .m4a, or .WAV.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.