wireless mouse and a wired keyboard

Reaction score
is this possible The keyboard is an Apple wired keyboard (new) and the mouse is a wireless Logitech Cordless Optical Mouse(new). Will they work together or am I strecthing it a bit? If they will work together could you explain how?

H

Harryc

If they are both USB devices they will work. Just plug your mouse into one USB port on your Mac and your keyboard into another. If the keyboard has USB ports, the mouse should work through those as well. If you are out of USB ports, get a USB hub. There are several alternatives, for example I use a 4 port KVM switch to share a wireless Logitech mouse, a wired Logitech keyboard, an NED LCD monitor, and an Epson scanner with a Powermac, a laptop, and a Linux machine I built.

OP
iNAP
Reaction score
both mouse and keyboard are brand new, both usb. I did what you said, the key board works but I had to plug in the mouse behind the keyboard(apple wired mouse and keyboard). The logitech does not seem to want to connect. it came with a disk but it does not seem to explain it in the apple terms I am getting so use to. Any other suggestions?

mac-forums.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.