• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Did I misread this or...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
is proofreading just not a requirement for financial articles any more?

This article:

Blockbuster bankruptcy weeks away?- Top Stocks - MSN Money

that's a post from "The Street" that was on MSN.

In it was this paragraph about Blockbuster losses:

Earlier in the month, the company reported a wider second-quarter loss of $37 million, or 21 cents per share, in the year-ago period. That was significantly larger than the loss of 24 cents analysts had expected.

Now, did I misread this, or has somehow 21 cents become a larger value then 24 cents?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I can't comment on the finances (although that does appear quite wrong unless there is some financial formula I don't know about) but the idea of proof reading has long since become a suggestion as opposed to a requirement when writing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.