Address Book in my Mac / Cannot move contacts from groups properly

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, OSX 10.5.8, 2.66 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo // iPhone 4
Hello,

this is my first post in this forum, hello everyone ! :)

I got a quick query about Address Book in my Mac.

In my Address Book I have 2 Groups: Work & Private.
When I move a contact from Work to Private it makes a double entry by NOT removing the contact from its original group. When I try to delete the entry in the original book it does automatically delete the entry in the new group also.

I tried to find for a solution but no luck. Is this normal or there is a workaround ?

thanks in advance
andy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
What you are experiencing is normal. Think of it this way: your full list in Address Book is all of your contacts. You can split them into as many sub-groups as you want, and each of those entries are only aliases of the entries in the main book. A given contact can be in many groups, or only one. You can take an entry out of a group and it will remain in the main index, but if you take it out of the main index, you remove it altogether. Does this help?

OP
Rollodent
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, OSX 10.5.8, 2.66 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo // iPhone 4
What you are experiencing is normal. Think of it this way: your full list in Address Book is all of your contacts. You can split them into as many sub-groups as you want, and each of those entries are only aliases of the entries in the main book. A given contact can be in many groups, or only one. You can take an entry out of a group and it will remain in the main index, but if you take it out of the main index, you remove it altogether. Does this help?

Thank you for your reply.
I see your point and I get the concept.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.