Sleep light blinking at start up and Battery Not Charging - HELP!!

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I recently left my 13 inch Macbook (it's just over 2 years old) in Sleep mode for a few days. There was no power source connected so of course, the battery died.

When I turned it on yesterday and plugged it into the MagSafe adapter, it shows as "Not Charging" and the MagSafe light is green. The battery is fully drained out and is at 0%. When I disconnect it, the MacBook shuts down and only works when plugged into the power source.

Also, whenever it starts up now, the LED light at the front blinks about 5-6 times before the computer starts up!

I'd really appreciate some help/advice as I'm not sure whether it's an issue with my battery, my MagSafe or some other hardware issue.

THANKS!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Take a look at this Apple KB article on resetting the System Management Controller. Specifically, try the hints they give with regard to the MagSafe and the battery.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.