macbook pro dead, disc stuck

Reaction score
Hello, my macbook is dead after 5 good hard years, and rather than paying 11 for apple to fix it, I just got a new computer (yay). But... a disc for a game is stuck in the dead macbook, and I need that disc. I've read about people sticking things inside to get it out, but is that really the only way? Sometimes theres a pinhole that can be pushed to get the disc out, but I don't see that on mine, and if there was one I'm sure it would have been mentioned. so are my only options to stick something in or take it apart?

No, buying the disc again isn't an option, yes, this is something important that I want.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
5 years old? You're probably referring to an iBook not a MacBook. Anyway, if the machine is dead as you say, take it apart, remove the optical drive, and get the disk out that way. Take apart instructions here: iFixit: The free repair manual

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.