Best iPad App for documents and pdfs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
10 GB 13" MacBook Pro, 64GB WiFi, 128GB iPhone 7
Please advise your suggestions/opinions on what is the best iPad app for documents and pdf files. I want to download them on the iPad from my MacBook and be able to edit them as I wish. Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac, Acer second display 1TB Iomega HD, iPad 32GB wifi, iphone 4, sprint overdrive
I like iAnnotatePDF

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
+1 for Goodreader.

Cheers ... McBie

Reaction score
For PDF's, you can use iBooks. Yes, it has PDF functionality. But Goodreader is good for documents however, seeing as Apple doesn't have Pages, Keynote or Numbers on the iPad for free.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iPod Touches and iPad
GoodReader and iBooks are only readers. The OP wants to be able to edit so the iAnnotate might be a better choice, but the $9.99 price seems kinda of steep.

GNR

Reaction score
iannotate and Notify

Both allow annotations. BUT iannotate's will not show up on receipent iPad except if he/she opens in iAnnotate. That is a big defect.

Notify does not have as slick an interface, BUT it has two features iAnnoate does not have:

#1 Its annoatations "stick" anf even the iPad built in reader sees them, as does every other reader I use including goodreader and iBooks

#2 In Notify you can add and extract pages, although so far I think you can only add a bllank page tho make notes on, not a page from another pdf.

Reaction score
Both allow annotations. BUT iannotate's will not show up on receipent iPad except if he/she opens in iAnnotate. That is a big defect.

Notify does not have as slick an interface, BUT it has two features iAnnoate does not have:

#1 Its annoatations "stick" anf even the iPad built in reader sees them, as does every other reader I use including goodreader and iBooks

#2 In Notify you can add and extract pages, although so far I think you can only add a bllank page tho make notes on, not a page from another pdf.

iBooks when viewing PDF files will only allow you to bookmark a page, or search for something within the PDF- at least as of iOS 4.0.2. Not bad for reading syllabuses, but for what the OP wants, I would go beyond iBooks and find something else.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac,iphone,time capsule,ipad
I've tried:

both i-annotate and good reader. They both have their good and bad points. Good Reader handles large PDF files very well but the current version does not allow annotating files. Rumor has it the next version will allow annotating. I-annotate works very well for annotating files but I find the structure a bit clunky. Just my 2 cents worth.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.