Install MS 2000 on a MAC

Reaction score
I'm a windows guy, my daughter now has a MAC laptop and she was told that MS 2000 could be installed, is this possible? I gave her a copy of the program and she says she cant install???

any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. I assume you mean Microsoft Office 2000? In any event, please read the two "stickies" (the two threads at the top of this forum). They will give you the information you need to run windows on a mac. Then if you have specific questions, please post back and include some more details about your daughter's Mac, the specific software you are using and any errors you are getting - your post is pretty general.

For MS office, the simplest thing is to run Windows in a virtual machine, using products such as VM Ware Fusion, Parallels Desktop or Sun's VirtualBox. These will allow you to run Windows programs alongside the Mac programs. You can also install Windows under Boot Camp, which will allow an Intel-based Mac to boot into Windows like any other Windows machine. All of these solutions require that you purchase a retail copy of Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7 (or a cheaper version known as a "System Builder's OEM" version of the OS) and install that first, then install the particular windows program from within Windows like you normally would.

The two threads walk you through all of this.

But if you are just trying to get MS Office, there are MS Office versions for Mac available (including a new version coming out this fall). That would likely be simplest and cheapest.

Cheers

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I'm a windows guy, my daughter now has a MAC laptop and she was told that MS 2000 could be installed, is this possible? I gave her a copy of the program and she says she cant install???

any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

You also need to tell us the specs on this "Mac Laptop"! Mac laptop covers a VERY VERY broad range of computers.

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.