i just added new memory to my macbook 10.4.11 my specs:
Intel Core 2 Duo
2 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
4 MB
Memory: 2 GB
When installing the box set mac osx snow leopard I get a warning:
"There is not enough space on this disk to install the selected items" "deselect at least 1.35 gb." The sales person at apple store said this would be an easy upgrade with my computer specs. Is there anyone out there who could shed light on this
thank you ahead of time
peace out

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I think that the answer is pretty simple...your hard drive it too full. You need to delete (or backup some items & remove them)...to free up space for the Snow Leopard install.

The Apple person probably knew your computers specs...and they do meet the requirements for the Snow Leopard install...but they probably didn't know that you didn't have enough free hard drive space.

- Nick

OP
S

ski

Reaction score
thanks nick

taking off movies and such now hopefully that will work
thanks for the great suggestion
peace out

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
taking off movies and such now hopefully that will work
thanks for the great suggestion
peace out

If the stuff you have to delete are "movies & such"...and if you don't have to back them up...that will make things faster & easier.

Also...since you purchased the Mac Box Set...which as you know includes the Snow Leopard Upgrade, iWork, and iLife. I'm not exactly sure how the installer for all three programs works (if you do three separate installs or if the installer can do all three at once).

If it can do all three at once (and you're short on hard drive space)...you could "deselect" the iWork & iLife installs...and just do the Snow Leopard upgrade. Then after you figure out what else to remove from the hard drive (to make more space)...you could install iWork & iLife.

Hope this helps,

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.