Jealous lover with a keylogger?

Reaction score
Is this a keylogger?

I realize that there are number of other keylogger threads out there, but I haven’t seen this particular issue addressed . . .

A good friend of mine is running an up-to-date Macbook, and he’s recently discovered some suspicious files on his hard drive. These either take the form of “dt.html” or “wb.html,” and when opening them, he sees that they contain a complete log of his online activities. The file will say “Typed by user JohnDoe in Safari on .... “ and then proceed to give the exact date and time, below which is everything he’s typed into his browser and every site he’s visited. These automatically update, to the minute, regardless of how often he “Resets” Safari, clears history, deletes cookies, all that jazz.

To me, it sounds like he might have a keylogger running, (and I think it's possible another user on his computer may have installed it.) If so, is there any way to know for sure? And would be there any way to turn it off or otherwise sidestep it?

Many thanks in advance for any insight you can provide!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
Have "your friend" ;D take a look at Activity Monitor for any strange programs running in the background of his system.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.