Best Possible Specs?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 1GB RAM 350 GB HDD
Hi guys,

I have run into quite a bit of money recently and I am wondering, what is the best processor, internal HDD, and operating system I could put on my 13 inch MacBook to make it run as fast as possible?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 12" 1.33GHZ 1.25GB(10.4.11, Powermac G3 350Mhz 640mb(10.4.11)
Can't change the CPU, Get the Biggest/Fastest SATA Drive you want. Snow Leopards the best bet for the 'Best'. But you have the option of dual/tri booting with Windows/Linux(Ubuntu,Fedora,Mint,Suse ect.)

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
If you have "quite" a bit of money, it might be time to buy a new machine. Like Simon said, you can't upgrade the CPU or the graphic card on a MB.

Buy the stock version of the fastest processor and best graphics card that you can afford. Forget about adding more RAM or larger capacity HDDs. You can always buy these from third party vendors and install these yourself for a fraction of the price that Apple charges. These upgrades don't void the warranty.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.