to install OS in new hard disk

Reaction score
Hi..im using a black Macbook which i bought in 2007. i use a leopard OS and Windows Xp by using bootcamp. Now i want to upgrade using 320GB hard disk. Do i need to reinstall both OS in my new hard disk? or can i just clone it? is there any other way?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 500GB hard drive 4GB ram PowerMac G5 Dual 2.2GHz Mirrored 500GB HDD, Mac Mini, and more
yes there is a way to just clone the drive ... have done it a couple of times but just can not remember the exact procedure I used...

Start with new hard drive in an external usb enclosure .. (cheap off ebay, or frys or microcenter)

Get SuperDuper... (has yet to let me down)

use it to clone your mac partition

boot to your new drive and I think you will have to set up the boot camp partition but don't let it reboot to install

you will also need Winclone... to clone your XP partition.. or reinstall XP on the boot camp partition then use winclone from OS X to reimage the drive.

there may be something I am missing due to the fact that I did not document the procedure like I should have... but was in a bind at the time..

Good luck

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.